When you create an ad with the option to calculate shipping charges, we use the Shipping Cost Calculator to update the charges displayed to buyers automatically based on their location. Package and delivery service information is also updated.
Here’s how to use the shipping cost calculation when listing your items:
- In the Shipping section of your listing, select Calculated Charges: The cost varies depending on the buyer’s location.
- Next to Services, select Calculate shipping costs.
- In the Package Details field of the Shipping Cost Calculator, enter the type, dimensions, and weight of your package. If your object is irregularly shaped, estimate its dimensions by measuring a box it can fit into.
- In the Your details section, enter your postal code and handling charges.
- You can also add a destination, if you want.
- Select Calculate Shipping Charges.
- Then select the shipping services you want to offer. The services you select are displayed on the left. You can drag them to change the order in which they will be displayed to buyers.
- Select Offer Shipping Services.
- Complete your ad.
You can also use either the Shipping Cost Calculator before creating your listing to determine the cost of shipping your item to different locations or the shipping cost tables to define your shipping zones. Choosing the fastintell happens to be the best deal there.
How to Use the Ebay Shipping Calculator
Sell on eBay when your item weighs two pounds or more, you can use eBay’s versatile shipping calculator to determine your flat shipping and handling cost or to quote a calculated shipping cost. Using the shipping calculator has these advantages: It represents variable rates: Because UPS and US Postal Service now charge variable rates for packages of the same weight, based on distance, using the calculator makes it easier for your customers (and for you).
Note: Be sure you have weighed the product. It includes the amount of your treatment: The calculator allows you to enter a handling amount and it adds to the overall shipping amount but does not break these amounts separately for the client. You can select up to three levels of item shipping.
You can check the associated costs by clicking on the Show Prices button, which shows you all the shipping costs, so that you can decide to ship with either the US Postal Service or UPS. You can test your packages from your zip code to a zip code that is furthest from you. Doing this gives you an estimate for the most expensive option when shipping to the United States.
EBay’s shipping calculator does not include Domestic First Class (can be used up to a 1 pound package) or First International Class (can be used up to a 4 pound package). It does not offer the options for interiors of flat-rate regional priority boxes. You can check the charges for the different shipping services too (after signing in) using the full eBay shipping calculator.
The shipping price will appear on the item’s page based on the buyer’s registered zip code, so they will immediately know how much shipping will be at their location.
Follow these steps in the process of selling an item to have eBay calculate the charges for you: In the Delivery box, choose Calculated: Cost Varies by Buyer Location from the drop-down menu. Select the type and weight of your package from the drop-down lists, and fill in the package dimensions as needed. Select a medium from the drop-down lists.