The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is for the individual’s spouse, unmarried child, or parent who is a citizen of Singapore. The LTVP allows the holder to stay in Singapore for up to 2 years and can be renewed indefinitely. The pass also allows the holder to work in Singapore, and enrol in schools and universities. For a Long-Term Visit Pass Application, here are some procedures as follows.
Things to know before applying for a Long-Term Visit Pass in Singapore
If you are applying for a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP). Here are some tips on how to apply for an LTVP:
- For eligibility, you must be sponsored by a close relative who is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must be able to show that you have strong ties to your home country.
- To apply for an LTVP, you will need to submit a Long-Term Visit Pass application form and supporting documents to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- The Long-Term Visit Pass can be offered if you are a spouse of a Singaporean citizen or Singaporean permanent resident spouse, an unmarried child (aged under 21), or have been legally adopted by a Singaporean citizen or a Singaporean permanent resident.
Long-Term Visit Pass benefits in Singapore
The pass is issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and is valid for up to five years. There are many benefits that come with holding an LTVP, including:
Being able to work in Singapore: With an LTVP, you are allowed to work in Singapore without having to apply for a separate work pass. This makes it much easier for those who want to relocate to Singapore for work purposes.
Having access to public housing: One of the main benefits of the LTVP is that holders are eligible for public housing in Singapore. This is a huge advantage as public housing is notoriously difficult to get in Singapore.
Being able to bring in your spouse and children A lot of people who wish to relocate to Singapore are families. With an LTVP, you are allowed to bring your spouse and/or children into Singapore.
Overall, the Long-Term Visit Pass is a great way to extend your stay in Singapore and enjoy all the country has to offer without having to worry about visa applications each time you want to enter the country.
How to apply for Long-Term Visit Pass in Singapore
Singapore offers a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for those who have family members living in the country, or for those in need of long-term medical treatment. The LTVP is valid for up to 2 years and can be renewed. To apply for an LTVP, you will need to submit the following documents:
– A duly completed application form
– A recent passport-sized photograph of yourself
– Your passport or travel document, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of application
– A supporting letter from your sponsor in Singapore (e.g. family member, employer, etc.)
– Additional documents as required (e.g. medical documents).
If you are planning to stay in Singapore for an extended period of time, it is advisable to apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass. The application process is not complicated, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Make sure that you have all the necessary documents, and be prepared to pay the application fee. Once you have submitted your application, you will likely receive a decision within a few weeks.